Thursday, April 17, 2014

Barbie Birthday Party

Kiwi Lane Designs ran a quickie SKETCH Challenge and since I am so far behind on my Grand daughters scrapbooks, this was a perfect one  to get me going! I guess the word "Basic" made me do it!
My Grand daughter Ava had a very special day with the Moms, & Grandmas (NO BOYS ALLOWED) at the Barbie House Experience at Sawgrass in Broward County.
To say that the Barbie house was ALL in a nauseating HOT PINK color would be putting it mildly.....even the piano was Pink.   At first, it was pretty and then it seemed like I never wanted to see PINK again! Therefore, I decided to do the lay out in the same bright, hot pink to the extreme! To really challenge myself, I used my new Silhouette Cameo to color and cut the title (3 tries later it worked!.......hey, I am still learning)
I loved the Face Book challenge layout  (here's the link) facebook.com/kiwilane
and it really went together quickly using one of my favorite templates for the bottom border STORYBROOK LANE # 1A, 2B, 3A.
For the top and side embellishments, I used TINY TAGS,  1 T. The card stock was from the Haute Couture Collection by DCWV.
I have about 15 more photos to put on a lay out, so I will submit this double page one first and off to create I go!

Double page 
 Journal close up


Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Claire

2 comments:

  1. These are such awesome layouts. The girls are so adorable!! Have a Blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you have done it again. FABULOUS!!! Love the wave borders at the bottom and I all the bling.. The girls sure are Pretty in Pink. Hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend my friend.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!