Friday, January 3, 2014

Craft Room 2014

2014 is going to be CREATIVELY AWESOME!!!
I gave my craft room walk in closet a make-over and boy does it make a HUGE difference.
My craft room is maxed out so I decided to visit my favorite IKEA store ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99006611/
 and in the kid's bedroom collection, I found these TALL cabinets with pull out wire basket shelves. They go right up to the ceiling ...see photo # 2.
 In PHOTO # 1, you can see lots of poor storage and useless wire rack shelves that can't hold weight, aside from the fact, it looked messy. I chose a two tone look since my
craft room furniture is wood grain and white.
In PHOTO #4, the pink suede bins are perfect to hide lots of scrap material, tissue paper etc.
In PHOTO #4, I filled some cubes up with plastic snap bins to hold my colored scraps of paper since I was tired of fumbling through files. Ikea also had these perfectly sized little wood shelves for embellishment jars since the ones in my craft room were on over load!
I certainly didn't want Home Depot to be upset, PHOTO #6 ,so we visited them and had them cut narrow wood shelves ( I painted them pink) and they are perfect for ALL MS punches.
Lastly, PHOTOS 6-9 were taken at the end of the year and I've made some minor changes in there as well that I'll post at a later date.....even my puppy has grown!! I have 3 large working desks and I LOVE being in my room!!

OUT with the OLD
PHOTO # 1

IN with the NEW IKEA 
REAL ESTATE....going UP!
PHOTO # 2
Michael's Cubes
PHOTO # 3

PHOTO #4
 More Ikea shelves for small jars

FABulous BIG , WIDE wire bins
PHOTO #5

More stuff




OH Martha....
you get a whole wall !!

My Grand daughters artwork on display!
Narrow ledge shelves
PHOTO # 6
 Corner used for wrapping storage

 Craft Room PHOTO 6
 Craft Room PHOTO 7
Craft Room  PHOTO 8
 PHOTO 9


 I hope I've inspired you to make your "SPECIAL" area just the way you dreamed it should be.
Please join my LINKY PARTY and share your room with other crafters.





Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Claire

11 comments:

  1. You have a BEAUTIFUL craft room! I've added my link, but my space is in our unfinished basement...but it's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I have a bedroom/craft room. I'm using a computer desk for my Expressions and craft tote. I have lots of storage containers/ totes and rolling carts. I guess I'll post a pic tomorrow
    www.craftykards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Your room looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your new space! Especially the wide wire drawers look awesome for finding things easily, and storing a lot of stuff in a small space. thank you for responding to my email about the HSN Christmas cards! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another WOW! Your craft room is just beautiful, Precious looks adorabe in her little pink bed too! So good to have you back!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow -- your craft room is amazing! My hubby just got me a big craft table for my birthday and a few more Michael's cubes for underneath. Your room has so many amazing ideas. I'm pinning so I can show my husband. Thank you! I'm a new follower. Thank you for visiting me at MightyCrafty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love the pink, I can't wait to get my own room again, had to give it up to the grown step son :/ But I love my Scrapbox and matching desk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw your room on pinterest and had to come over to see the rest of it. Such a fun, happy space! Your dog looks like a little toy sitting on the pillow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Claire. Come on over and help me organize mine, You can let your OCD kick in. lol
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Your room is amazing and I love all the storage you created with your changes! BEAUTIFUL! Please do mine! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty work! The new Silhouette ,coupled with your imagination, is a great combo! Keep Enjoying!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!