Monday, October 7, 2013

Corset Card

So, here it was , Monday morning and I thought I'm going to turn on my Silhouette (LOVE my Cricut) and cut out a corset for a Kiwi Lane card  challenge and use it for Link Up For Pink/October.
BIG MISTAKE!!!!
I now know why I don't like the Silhouette.....too many things to figure out and I just wanted to press
 "C U T "
so that I could be on my way to completing the project. To make a long story short, I hand cut EVERYTHING and closed my Silhouette once again!
I loved using my Kiwi Templates (scallops 2B) for the borders of the card and  the bustier top and (Strips 1/2") for the corset and silver borders on the card.
I added the tulle netting on top of the black and silver swirl card stock  and the sentiment is  from my digi stash but I can't remember who's it is. I also used my new Teresa Collins E Bosser machine (LOVE IT) to emboss the background of the card base. The hot pink outline is from Viva Pens. The ribbon that ties the corset and the Breast cancer pin make such sweet embellishments and were perfect for the Ribbon Girl challenge!
 Close up
 Top view of 3 -D

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Claire

17 comments:

  1. Now this is a card for October. That bustier is marvelous and the ribbon lacing it up luxurious. I would wear it in a hot second.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you had to hand cut this and hope you get the hang of the Silhouette! I know the basics but nothing fancy on mine! Cricut is easier, for sure! Anyway, the card turned out AMAZING- love the colors and the embossing! Beautiful card!
    Teresa
    www.CreateEnjoyShare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you joined in with crafty ribbons
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for breast cancer awareness month!! Love the sparkle....I still have my brand new Cricut sitting on a shelf...too much work for me to figure out! (lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Claire, this shaped card has it all glitter, ribbon,tulle trim, embossing!!! You did a fantastic job of this card! Love the 3-D look and the way you laced up the corset and as always the bling !
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Gorgeous corset!!!!
    Thanks for joining our linking party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so , my friend, another winner. I know the inside scoop of this card and it really turned out great. You are such an inspiration to so many. Keep creating!
    love
    80

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you have a WINNER here. I love this card. fabulous designs and colors. Love the tulle. PERFECTION at it's best.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty ribbons this time, hope to see you join in again soon :-) Elaine DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card!! Great design!! Thanks or joining our linking party.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whatever you had to do to make this it is absolutely gorgeous. I saw it on LUFP & had to take a closer look. BE-YOU-TI-FUL !!! Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is just awesome! I love everything about it...wonderful, wonderful work!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us @ 613 Avenue Create & hope to see you back again next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, this is amazing!! I love the beautiful design!! You did a fabulous job!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. The corset card turned out so beautiful! Good thing to know about the non-cricket machine! I have a big shot and no cutting machine that requires to be plugged in. Come to think of it the only three plug in tools I have are a embossing heat gun, glue gun and a wood burning gun. Oh..they all end with gun....hum...yuck. At any rate, loved the card, the page and the post. Your background is pretty; but oh so difficult to see anything on. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, just love your card! I am very glad you entered this week at LUFP. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. Remember to get the girls checked and remind a friend! :-) Together we can beat Breast Cancer!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Link Up For Pink DT

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!