Monday, September 9, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


I'm getting an early start on my Thanksgiving invitations this year since the days are going faster than ever!
I used Farmhouse paper Company for the prints and Bazzill for the chocolate brown card base. The turkey shape was from Cricut's digital  cartridge sample a couple of weeks ago. With just a touch of Stickles glitter on the turkey, ribbon leftovers and some twine to wrap the turkey thigh, it was ready for company!
I always create a matching envelope so I stamped some fall leaves in earth tones to keep it simple.
The MOST important embellishment for me were the little gold charms dangling from the card....they belonged to my Dad who loved crafting and creating. I inherited drawer fulls of "stuff".



matching envelope
card slightly opened 


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to join my 2 year LINKY PARTY!
Entered:
pennyblackatallsorts
greatimpressionsstamps/september-challenge
challenges4everybody/challenge-28-anything-goes
corrosivechallengesbyjanetchallenge-182-all-about-fall
.prettypaperprettyribbons-its-all-about-fall-yall-challenge
www.pinkcricut/link-tuesday
lejdesignschallengeblog
myshericrafts-118-fall
Follow on Bloglovin


13 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary Clair, wow 2 years! Beautiful Thanksgiving card. love those gorgeous leaves!
    Hugs,
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know I follow you on Bloglovin, have your button and shared on Facebook!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome invites!! I love the design!! Now I'm craving turkey and pumpkin pie ;) Happy blogaversary!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super autumnal creation Claire, thanks so much for sharing your pretty card with us at Penny Black and More Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these invites. Great design and the envelopes are too cute. One of your loyal fans here now and forever.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely invitations. Great fall papers and matching envelopes, and wonderful how you incorporated some of your dad's stash. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great invite. I like the matching envie.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Sweetie.
    Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. the leaves on the envelope are so pretty and match nicely with the leaf background paper. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at the penny black and more challenge.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your FABULOUS Thanksgiving invitation with us @ My Sheri Crafts challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and love the matching envelop


    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, beautiful set!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these invites and I love how organized you are getting them done so early. Lately I have been so scatterbrained and busy that I am lucky if I remember my own name! Your invites are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!