Sunday, July 14, 2013

Beach Bum



This is my very 1st time entering a challenge over at Paper Secrets and I was so intrigued by the requirements that I went all the way with the idea. Instead of using different patterned paper, I used 95% material, cork board and some embellishments. The photos are my newest sweet Grandson  showing off his new bathing suit and cover up while taking a break on the beach chair.
The various fabric swatches which I had to pink with my pinking shears, all came from sample Decorator books that I was given. This was NOT easy since there were pieces of fabric lint everywhere!!! You can probably still see them!!
The word BUM is also printed with a denim fabric.

 Background 2 strips of  tweed fabric
Fabric Fringed  Journal

Fabrics used


Sketch sample provided
Entered:


Blogger will no longer have Google reader as of July 1st. I have chosen BlogLovin to replace Google reader. If you have not chosen a replacement yet I highly RECOMMEND Bloglovin. Sign up for an account, transfer all the blogs you now follow on Blogger to your new account in just a few short steps and you are all set. You can organize the blogs you follow by category making it much easier to manage your blogs. Please follow me using the button below so you wont miss a thing.

Follow on Bloglovin


8 comments:

  1. What an interesting layout great use of different materials and the colors are great !! I think you did a great job ! Thank you for sharing !

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout! What a wonderful idea using fabric. Very cute photo's too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A LOVELY LO!! You did an WONDERFUL job!!
    Creative way to use your fabric!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire you did SUCH an AMAZING job!! I love the textiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO Clair! Your grandson certainly is a cutie!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a LOVELY layout! You did such a great job with all that fabric and materials. Your grandson is a cutie pie!!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING. Love the colors and the use of fabric. Great design. I know he had to be the cutest baby on the beach.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!