Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Baking Beauties

I'm excited to announce that my Lay Out won runner up in the Teresa Collins Caribbean Journey Creating At Sea Cruise Design Contest!!
Teresa Collins on a cruise  in the Caribbean....sounds great right!! It WILL BE  and I'll be on it!!
 We were given a sketch  challenge to get our creative juices rolling.
I am always up for a challenge and this one was incredible to work with !! The requirements were 70% Teresa Collins products and 30% of  any other product. Since time was a factor and I was not able to secure the TC paper I needed, I used 2 different papers "Haute Cuisine" and  "Documented" as well as solid card stock in vanilla. In order to be sure I used 70%, I hand stamped a TC  border on the  solid card stock and also created the "COOKIES" raised squares with my Cricut Sophisticated cartridge which was full of beautiful designs. The mini frames were also from the same cart as well as the word "TIME". The teeny "MEMORIES" label was from the TC "Timless" stamp set.
I ran the photos off with a black/ white finish since the colors did not work well with the vintage feel. The black Tuille flowers were center filled with a mini timepiece brad since I wanted to show how memorable the "TIME" of their lives was. The cookies were punched and raised up with pop dots.  I used a Kiwi Lane Design template to create the curved back frame. The black crystal border was from a remnant in my material stash. Don't you just love those sparkly chef hats ?
 I was pleased to be able to add  tiny special gold brad  embellishments and old clock faces  that were left to me by my Dad who loved to also create projects.These were adhered to raised up small black squares . To create the chicken wire design, I used my Sizzix and then applied ink over the raised area.
The beautiful FAMILY RECIPE card was perfect to write the beloved cookie recipe on. I created photo corners with the TC printed paper.

Left side  full page with recipe
Right side full page
Right side lower half
Left side lower half
Left side with arched journaling
Close up of photo embellishment
Close up of family cookie recipe
Close up of timepiece tuille flower and cookies

Sketch provided by Caribbean Journey Creating At Sea

Teresa Collins products used

Thank you very much for taking time to share in this very memorable sweet page
 which I'm sure my Grand daughters' will always treasure.
***********************************************************************
ENTERED:

Blogger will no longer have Google reader as of July 1st. I have chosen BlogLovin to replace Google reader. If you have not chosen a replacement yet I highly RECOMMEND Bloglovin. Sign up for an account, transfer all the blogs you now follow on Blogger to your new account in just a few short steps and you are all set. You can organize the blogs you follow by category making it much easier to manage your blogs. Please follow me using the button below so you wont miss a thing.

Follow on Bloglovin


8 comments:

  1. Oh Claire. this LO is the best you have ever done. I LOVE IT. The girls sure are baking beauties. You have to WIN with this.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! The cookies look yummy and the girls are adorable!! love the layout... I so wish I was going on that cruise... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Layout came out simply beautiful great details and great colors everything you did on it looks great ! Thanks for sharing !

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely fabulous!! All of the details are just amazing!! The pictures are so sweet!! What a gorgeous layout!! The cruise sounds so fun!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a BEAUTY! I love the vintage or may I say that Black & White detail!! the adorable detail of the hats on the girls is Precious, the tulle and cookies is very CUTE! This really belongs in a magazine!!
    LOVE!LOVE!LOVE!
    Have a wonderful day my creative friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love it! What special pages. I'm sure your granddaughters WILL treasure them always! I love that you did the photos in black and white. Just gorgeous! One I am certainley going to PIN!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about a drool worthy layout, I love this and all the details and fabulous design. Thanks for playing with us over at loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an beautiful layout! Love the little chef hats on the girls and all of the pretty details. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!