Friday, April 26, 2013

You're A Classic

What do you do with 15 books of fabric samples???? 
You create a card instead of decorating a house! 

I was given a whole bunch of beautiful fabric swatch sample books and I had no clue how I was going to use them (so I went to pieces!)  I saw this sketch challenge this week from Seize The Birthday. It can be a birthday card or a Father's Day card for any guy.
 Masculine cards as most of you know are my BIGGEST challenge but I am  pleased with the results on this one.
This card is even more special to me personally since I used several of my Dad's own craft stash that I've had for over 20 years since he passed away. The wire and metal leaves were his favorites. It's a simple design, but the texture is outrageous using the fabric. My Spellbinders oval was used for the car which was a rubber  stamp from

Want 2 Scrap.
Here's the sketch:

o.k. so now you know I can't edit the proper color in Lightroom......
it really is a gorgeous copper/brown color!
FRONT
 Antique car
 Action wobble
 Fabric Swatches


Entered:

Blogger will no longer have Google reader as of July 1st. I have chosen BlogLovin to replace Google reader. If you have not chosen a replacement yet I highly RECOMMEND Bloglovin. Sign up for an account, transfer all the blogs you now follow on Blogger to your new account in just a few short steps and you are all set. You can organize the blogs you follow by category making it much easier to manage your blogs. Please follow me using the button below so you wont miss a thing.

Follow on Bloglovin


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!the cooper and brown a perfect color combo.The wire and leaves gave it a special touch of joy to the memory of your dad.Love it! Gorgeous Fabric!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card for any guy!! LOVE the way you used that fabric on here....and the wire and leaves! So special.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok you told me about this on the phone. This is not what I was expecting. I love it. It is GORGEOUS!!! Those leaves are fabulous. I can see why they were your dads favs. I will have to see if I can score me some sample books.

    Sam just returned from pot office you should have your cards and cake in a few days.

    Hugs and love
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an incredible vintage card! Love the card and the eyelets add such a cool touch! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just beautiful, very vintage and masculine. I love this, you did an amazing job!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Claire, your cards is just beautiful! I love the copper colored leaves! I love that you used embossing along with the fabric and the little rivets around the car!
    Just beautiful! PIN!!!
    Hugs
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great us of the fabric! I just might need to give this a try. Love the colors you used..perfect for a masuline card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!