Saturday, April 27, 2013

REEL Women Fish



Women LOVE to fish.....well at least my Mom did!!!! 

Today's date is when  my Mom passed away in 2005 and I decided to create and dedicate this layout to remember how she enjoyed all the simple things in life....like fishing in our old backyard when she came to Florida. My Dad was an amazing fisherman, and although she never went on his fishing/camping trips, she was really good at catching many fish at a  seating. She loved kicking off her shoes, pulling up a patio chair and just going for the fun of it.
I noticed that My Sheri Crafts had a challenge going on about Mom's so I  thought this l/o would be a perfect fit. This is also my very FIRST attempt using Kiwi Lane Designs templates for a lay out. TOTAL FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted them so badly, and a dear friend bought them for me for my birthday so I wouldn't have to wait until the Orlando Expo! the sun and clouds are a Sizzix die and the hook and fish are from Silhouette. All the paper is from S.E.I. Blossoms stack.




Thanks so much for sharing  in this meaningful lay out with me. Remember, take time to enjoy the simple things in life !
Entered:


Blogger will no longer have Google reader as of July 1st. I have chosen BlogLovin to replace Google reader. If you have not chosen a replacement yet I highly RECOMMEND Bloglovin. Sign up for an account, transfer all the blogs you now follow on Blogger to your new account in just a few short steps and you are all set. You can organize the blogs you follow by category making it much easier to manage your blogs. Please follow me using the button below so you wont miss a thing.

Follow on Bloglovin


11 comments:

  1. Oh Claire, this is one of the best LO ever. I love the pics of your mom and the reds on here are fab, of course I love RED. Loving that sentiment. I love to fish so yes REEL women do fish.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Claire what a beautiful tribute to your mother ... this is a beautiful layout. I love all the elements and I especially love how you captured one of your mother's hobbies... =)

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool Mom! You set off her picture very well in this delightful layout. The fishing gear embellishments are so cute. The worm and hook, the tackle box, the little fish. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful memory page! Love all of the great embellishments you added, wonderful color too!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire,
    Your LO is very Beautiful!!!She was a Strong and Real woman...I would not be able to put a worm in my fishing pole to get fishes...I am not that brave..LOL!
    But my mom would! I appreciate her every moment of my life. Love all the cool embellishment on the LO. Especially the worm and the fishies....
    Thank you for allowing me to know more of a beautiful woman that I am sure I would of love to have met.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ABsolutely love this Claire, YOUr mom is my kind of woman friend-- I had a friend that I used to go fishing with. She is way up there in years now, but when I was little we would fish and I just loved that aspect of her.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #108 Mother’s Day challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire,
      Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful layout of your Mum enjoying a fish in your back yard. Love the title great use of the word. Thanks for linking up over at MSC.
      Sue

      Delete
  7. Love your take on the sketch- thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute layout! Thanks for playing with us this week at HIMCR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun layout!! What a happy memory!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful layout and a sweet tribute to your Mom! Love the fun title! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!