Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Horsing Around

I must admit, that DCWV has totally changed my scrap booking "stuck in a box" way of creating....that's a good thing!!! I look forward to each new month and this one was a huge challenge for me! I love these photos of our Grand daughter Emma taking her first riding lesson so I created HORSING AROUND.
I wanted to show how much she loved her horse so I used 
Martha Stewart's Punch Around The Page to create a strip of silver hearts peeking through the tan card stock. The big silver glittered heart was to show she loved the white horse DAKOTA. The circle chain was also a Martha Stewart punch.The 3D embellishments were from Paper House.
The paper was of course DCWV and surprisingly enough, the blue print was from the Baby Boy Stack which I've been using for my new Grandson. I added the strips of hay for some realistic barn type feeling under the Spellbinders oval. With just a few brown gems, this page was complete and I'm sure she will love it for  years to come.
HUGE thanks to ERIN @ DCWV for throwing these awesome challenges!!
***************************
DCWV March sketch l/o





 


Proudly entered :

7 comments:

  1. Great Layout and beautiful colors-- I loved dressage when I use to do it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great job! Love all the details and pictures are wonderful=) Thank you for participating in RCS challenge! good luck!
    xo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following me on Bloglovin...I'm following you too!!! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout! The colors are beautiful and I love that you used that touch of hay!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!This is seriously GORGEOUS!!LOVE that Orange, my kitchen is orange....!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me bloggie love,especially the note "do not touch the buttons",LOL..
    That was funny! I was already told...LOL
    Have a Wonderful Friday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the layout and design!! All of the embellishments you used are fabulous!! I'm following you now on Bloglovin!! And I sent you an email regarding your question of recipe pics!! Happy Friday and have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic, love all the little hearts and all the other details you added! Thanks for joining us at RCS!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!