Sunday, September 9, 2012

Special Birthday Card

Proudly entering this @

I'm so very excited to enter this Birthday  card/book into  this challenge. Quick Quotes was soooo inspirational when I took their 4 classes at Scrapbook Expo when I was given this awesome packet of gorgeous papers and embellishments from Teresa Collins Designs Kit...Summer Breeze!  I put it aside, knowing that months later I wanted to use it to create this special card/book for my Sister for her 70th birthday. I've succeeded in getting her interested in scrapbook and card making so she was delighted to receive this gift. Part of her gift was a 6 month subscription to Club Q @ Quick Quotes so she could enjoy these fabulous themed packets of yummy papers etc. each month. She was thrilled!!
I added lots and lots of embellishments and borders and I also was pleased as punch when I finished it. I would say 99% of the card/book is from Quick Quotes even the incredible chalk inks that I used. I bought a whole collection of their ink since it is by far the BEST I've ever used!  Once finished, it was so thick I created a box with a rosette on it, so the card/book could  be safely kept.
So, I hope you love it as much as she did and consider creating a card/book combination for someone you love!
Front of card/book


wrapped in sparkly  tissue


special Sister poem




Then & Now...how time flies!

Close up of hidden personal note

Special box to hold keepsake card/book

11 comments:

  1. Wow. this is absolutely STUNNING.... I love everything about it. Love all the poems and sayings you added throughout. You two ladies are gorgeous.

    You always amaze me with your creativity.

    Hugs Nana

    PS... my birthday is in Feb. giving you 5 months notice. lol


    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This absolutely beautiful! You did such a wonderful job with all of the colors and textures!
    I'm on my way to the hospital in a little while for an MRI. They think I have a pinched nerve in the top of my back that is causing excruciating pain in my back and down my left arm and hand. Right now I can't use my left hand. Please send prayers my way.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I adore this Claire. Love the colors and the patterns and the card/album is super cool. I want to give that a try.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of work - great details. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS! Along with the creativity, the sentiments just warm my heart...I am blessed with 2 WONDERFUL sisters, too! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Come and Get It!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS!! This is just amazing! I love the colors, the layout, the quotes, everything! If that is your sister in the picture, no way does she look 70 years young! Thank you for sharing your work. :)
    Tammie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and love this QQ line! Thanks for playing along with the Quick Quotes challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is gorgeous!! I love the way you added your own touches to this mini/card! Thanks for joining us for our challenge at Quick Quotes this month!

    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful gift! Just really so very pretty and full of memories!!! Thank you so much for joining us over at Quick Quotes for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sister is so lucky to have you in her life. This is an amazing gift from your heart. So glad you joined us at Quick Quotes in our latest challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous gorgeous gift! I love that collection and I totally agree that the QQ chalks are the BEST ever! Your sister is a super lucky lady to have you in her life! LOVE THIS! Thanks for participating in the Quick Quotes Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!