Monday, September 10, 2012

A Homespun Affair Challenge


Entered:
a home spun affair/color-challenge
unique crafters challenge/september-challenge
all sorts challenge171-layers
southern girls challenge

Orchid    Mint     Granite
I love being challenged and this one was interesting!!! Since I needed to create a Get Well card, I went with the requested color scheme and it was so refreshing to work with. I guess the more cards you make, the more you get in a rut of using the same colors.
I started with the Everyday Pop Up cards (Cricut) but after a frustrating hour, I could NOT figure out how the Get Well Spoon phrase was supposed to pop up in the card!! UGH!! So, I cut it out and created a whole new center pop up card.
I used Spellbinders Label 17 die cuts for the back frames and 
DCWV  Cherry Limeade Stack. The colors look a bit off in the photo but they were right on!! I used a Granite glitter paper for the spoon so it looks like steel.
pop up BLINGED card front

Matching envelope

Side view of pop up card
Thanks for taking the time to check it out.



11 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card. Love the spoon. What a fun get well card. great take on the color challenge.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!!Super cute Spoon!Great Card!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I know what you mean about this cart. I have tried some of the pop ups too and didn't have good luck either. Sometimes when that happens it turns out better than we thought and I definitely think this is one of those times:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card!! Love the colors and they even matched the challenge! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great colour palette Claire and you've used it to great effect on your card.

    It's great to see you at Allsorts challenge this week, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your easel card!! SO CUTE!! I always find get well soon cards hard to do! SUCH a downer, right?>!?! ;)

    <3 Ya!

    Thanks for entering the AHA Challenge!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Card. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH WOW!! great card, love the added bling... thanks for joining us at Southern Girls in our bling bling challenge, your entry is perfect XOX Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card. So cute design. I have worked for the Print gift cards company and this design inspire me so much. I would like to try to design like this for my little girl, if you don't mind. I appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!