Monday, August 27, 2012

A Homespun Affair Color Challenge

I am such a sucker when it comes to challenges. Since I can't pass a fun one up, I decided to use the challenge to get another lay out done of my Grand daughter Emma's first day in Kindergarten this week. The inspiration came from the Shabby Decor  page in the magazine (which I LOVE!) I might just put the page in a 12" x 12" frame for her.
I started with some OLD paper that was school themed and happened to be perfect for the color challenge. The photos were matted to coordinate with the requested 3 colors and then I found some OLD stickers (does anyone still use stickers) with a school theme.
I completed the page by using ribbon from my stash of left overs and then some colorful yarn thread to bring out the focus colors.
I used the Artiste CTMH cartridge to die cut the buckle frame and the star with the date in it. Little bits of Stickles glitter, gave her page SPARKLE!
Hope you like it and if not........ I at least got to use my OLD stuff up!!! LOL





10 comments:

  1. Girl you are just on a layout roll. I guess I will have to break down and make one. So be on the lookout for it.

    Love this one. It is so bright and cheery. Great papers and I personally love the stickers.

    Hugs
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just adorable. Great layout.

    Thank you for joining my DL.ART HAPPY BIRTHDAY Linky party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is so super cute! Your granddaughter looks like her first day was awesome! Thanks for submitting your layout to A Homespun Affair!

    Tiffany ~ AHA DT
    angel4ever-thecraftyteacher.blogspot.com
    ahomespunaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire Loving this Layout!! Too adorable! What a lovely little lady too!!

    HUGS

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah this is just fab - my little girl starts school soon too - it's time to get the camera out!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our Final Challenge - Anything Goes!

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those school pics are absolutely adorable! The deep blue background with bright red apples is a great backdrop for the pics.

    Thanks for playing with us at Creative Inspirations Paints!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! love all the colors....thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great memory and gorgeous layout!

    Thank you for joining the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW< how bright and cherry! Your pages are perfect! Thank you for playing along this week at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!