Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Homespun Affair-August

Entered @:
the stamp man challenges/summer-sizzlers-use-hot-colours
Have you seen the newest  digital online magazines  "A Homespun Affair,"  it's published monthly.You can get a free subscription by following this LINK.
I think it's beautifully done and this month the challenge is COLOR.....so inspiring!
For more information on this challenge please go to:
For this month's challenge, you may use these colors in your project.
I used 3 of the colors plus L O T S more!!
This was SUPER EASY and fun to create. I was inspired by a photo I saw on Pinterest and gave it my own detailed twist.
My Grand daughter is going to Kindergarten so I wanted something special for her new teacher.
I bought a box of Crayola crayons, used some left over rainbow ribbon that I have had for 5 years and an old styrofoam wreath that I could 
not figure out what to put on it! I also went through my yellow left over scrap paper since I didn't want to use a big piece.
Lots of hot glue (burnt fingers later) I used a Spellbinders (Labels 20) die cut for the yellow oval and inked it with Ranger Purple Twilight around the edges.
I had to add a couple of mini brads on the corners just for more color! I went out of the box on my computer skills and experimented with gradient color technique  on the lettering and what a super result since they had a rainbow effect as one of the choices! Lots of Stickles glitter in white and TA-DA!!!! 
LOVE the way it turned out

i
 Close up of Oval Spellbinders
 Back of wreath so you could see the fun ribbon!




4 comments:

  1. Your wreath is SUPER AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much for submitting your project to AHA color challenge!

    Tiffany
    angel4ever-thecraftyteacher.blogspot.com
    ahomespunaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, I'm so glad I found you --- from seeing that you won the Everyday Cricut blog candy! BTW, congrats on that! :-) Your "comment" was the cutest ever! :-)

    I'm your newest follower! Guess what? We both have the waving bug on our blogs!!! :-)

    I've also added your blog button to my sidebar.

    Looking forward to checking out your blog some more. :-)

    Oh yeah, almost forgot to say:- your wreath is just toooooo stinkin' cute. I'm sure the teacher will love it! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I know her teacher will love it! I saw this on Pinterest last nite. Nice job! Thanks for joining our color challenge.

    Raquel
    ~AHA Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY SMOKES CLAIRE!! This is just incredible!! Love it! Mason is going to be going to school in a few years ;) LOL - I have just copied to my Inspiration folder on my desktop! TOO CUTE! And a huge thank you for the shout out for AHA <3!!

    xoxoxox

    Jess @ www.ahomespunaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!