Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy Father's Day Blog Hop

Memories In Tyme Blog Hop
Welcome to the Memories in Tyme blog hops - where you will find some seriously talented people who love to share their ideas with you! Our hop today is anything relating to Dads - doesn’t matter if it is a layout, card, mini album, or decorating item, if it’s about DAD…it’ll be here!!! With Fathers Day around the corner - take the time to make Dad feel just as special as Mom feels on her special day - by making him something from your heart!
***********************************************************
This layout is VERY special to me! My Dad "SAM" was a hard worker but in his spare time, he created the most magnificent pieces of priceless artwork. His hobby was taking old calendars with antique cars and recreating them with any scrap items he could find. He also took immense pride in creating the wooden
ducks you see in the photo...one for each of his kids. They took weeks to complete and no two were ever the same. I have included not only the layout I made to honor his amazing life but his artistic work as well. Please, zoom in so you can appreciate the work of such a talented man. the most interesting little tidbit, is he created all these pieces on a small portable metal T.V. tray.

My Dad passed away in 1990 and I've always known where I got 
my creative passion and now YOU can see why.

Close up of my Dad proudly holding his wooden ducks
Journaling in a Spellbinder frame
Beautiful sentiment pre-written on l/o paper
Close up of Spellbinder framed layers
Cricut die cut of Dad...forever in my heart
One of the many wooden ducks he covered with embellishments
Take  a minute to look at this embellishment detail !
Backside of tail covered in soda pop caps
detail of telephone wiring & chains used for the neck
Antique car he created from leftover "stuff"
Last pic showing the amazing detail he was able to recreate
Are you AMAZED ????????
Now you can see why I was so excited to be able to showcase just one or two examples of his artistic ability. He created close to 100 of these (aren't you happy I didn't post all of them?) and refused to sell any of them but gave them as gifts to people who were important in his life.
Time for some blog candy....if you are following and can tell me how many metal embellishments were from my Dad's personal stash then you have a chance to win. Just leave me a comment...I LOVE THEM!!!
****************************************************
Now, if you just happened upon my blog, then please go back to the beginning which is at Lynda’s blog (http://memoriesintyme.com/). Besides, the beginning is always the best anyway!!!
Blog candy from Memories in Tyme…One lucky winner for June will receive a goodie pack for scrapbooking - in order to get in on the drawing, make sure to:
1. Be a follower of my blog!
2. For extra entries...follow me on Twitter and Facebook Fanpage - information is on my blog!
3. Please check out everyone's blogs and leave a comment on theirs...the more you do the more entries you will get!

Thank you for checking out my project, now follow the links below and remember to visit all the stops for MAXIMUM ideas and LOTS OF FUN!!! Next up on the hop is (name of the next person as you link up), make sure you check out her fun project!!!

18 comments:

  1. Awesome LO. Thank you for sharing your Dad's story with us. Last WOW to both of his creations especially the duck, LOVE IT.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 6am and I sit here with my mouth open in amazement! W0W! I say if your Dad collected stuff, then it all became part of his stash. But that car is amazing.
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love your Dad's creativity! Mine was like that too! He would have loved the cars! Mine would take scraps and built all my Barbie dolls furniture. Long before they were ever on the market! Used coat hangers and wood scraps. He is the reason I think I have a creative gene today too! Together we took Amatuer Radio classes and got our Ham licenses, we took up photography and turned the bathroom into our dark room! He drew the cutest cartoons of Popeye! Everyone told him he looked liked him and he was in the Navy too! Love, Love, Love your post today! I miss my Dad too! Have a great weekend!
    And if his stash was like mine.. probably in the thousands! I love your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is a great tribute and his work is amazing!! I'm not sure but maybe you used 3 embellishments on your layout! I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I amazed? Absolutely!!!! Such gorgeous ducks and what a wonderful tribute this post is to your talented father.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a talented man!! No doubt he funneled his talents to you! I thought the ducks were amazing, but the car ~ wow!!

    What a wonderful tribute your layout is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is a wonderful tribute to your father and his talent. He was very talented. Thank you for sharing his talent with us and for the closeup photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your father was an artist and what a way to pay tribute to him.Love all of this and TFs.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your father is smiling down on you! Very proud of your artistic creations too! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness this is so amazing and I am sure your dad is looking down and so proud of his daughter and all the talent she had. love and hugs friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW what a lovely projects , i bet your dad would and does LOVE this projects. If he was here he would give you a great huge hug <3 Thanks for sharing your crafty inspiration with us today~! Happy scrapping my crafty friend.
    Scrappingmamma ~D.foti

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous LO Claire and WOWZA, your Dad was amazing!! stunning work with the duck & car...would love to see more photos of his work! Very creative!!
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout. It looks like you used 4 of his metal embellies. What a wonderful tribute. I can tell you Dad meant the world to you. TFS.
    dmcardmaker at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning layout,you can tell you take your creativity from you dad. Love it all. Your newest follower here. Thanks for stopping by my blog and the kind words of encouragement. Good luck in the giveaway.

    Hugs
    Nana
    www.mycraftingchannel.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely tribute to your Dad. I can certainly see where you get your creativity. Your Dad created some amazing pieces. Thanks for sharing these tender memories with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I am sitting here crying! I just lost my dad this February, I have a feeling this Father's day is gonna hurt! I am so happy for you that you have these beautiful memories of your dad! I don't have anything that belonged to my dad. I think you used 4 embellishments.

    Hugs,
    Chriss
    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those ducks give so much inspiration!! That's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!