Wednesday, June 13, 2012

All American

I'm delighted to once again be featured as a Guest Designer for my sweet blogger friend Lynne. I decided since this was an important assignment, I wanted to create a page that was important to me as well. 
I was born in Canada and only up until the last election, did I have the opportunity to VOTE in the election since I applied for my United States Citizenship and became American after approximately 35 years in Florida.
I studied page after page of American history and passed the famous test so that I could get my US passport and do what I always wanted to do in this country.........
VT E !! 
For most of you reading this, it's no big deal, but as an adult citizen, it was something I always wanted to do! Beside, it was something else I could check off my Bucket List!!
So, here is the 2 page lay out I created to celebrate my US citizenship. I used paper and embellishments from Quick Quotes and the paper is called Just Jackson. Simply Charmed was the cart I used to cut out the "All American". The corners were punched using a MS corner punch...I love that punch!

My official Passport
My Old Canadian Passport
Actual sticker from the day I voted

HUGE  THANKS to my sweet blogger  friend Lynne, for asking me to be a Guest Designer today....what an honor!
LOVE being able to work with Lynne and her 
talented , artistic, fun, caring and supportive  group each month....it keeps this ALL American girl CREATIVE!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. What a touching story, you All American Girl.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on becoming a citizen!!! My husband is a British citizen and is very much looking forward to the day he can call himself American and vote.

    Great layout. I love that you used the "I voted" sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I LOVE it! ♥♥♥ Congrats on becoming a citizen! I have heard that 1/2 the questions you had to answer, a high school grad from the US could not answer! I sure hope ya feel better soon too!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. First and foremost, I want to thank you for being my Guest Designer especially with you not feeling well! Second, your story is truly an inspiration and makes one think about the responsibility of being an American is. We take it for granted our US Citizenship but after reading your story, makes me ponder and say I'm proud to be an American and realize the importance of voting in our country! Congrats on becoming a citizen and thank you ever sew much for being my Guest Designer. Get Well soon my friend!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout that showcases a great celebration!!! Love the I voted sticker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reminding us of what some of us may take for granted.I believe people like you are truly what America is about.We are so blessed to live in a free country and blessed to have you as a voter.Congratulations and Hugs,Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments. Im now following you back. I love your creations

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!