Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mother's Day Blog Hop


Memories In    Tyme Blog Hop

Welcome to the Memories in Tyme blog hops - where you will find some seriously talented people who love to share their ideas with you! Our hop today is anything relating to Mothers Day- doesn’t matter if it is a layout, card, mini album, or decorating item, if it’s about mom…it’ll be here!!! We all have one, and some of us even have 2 - or Mom’s we wish were ours, or our friends’ Mom’s who turn into ours…
Let’s celebrate MOM’s here!!!
It's National Scrapbooking Day so I hope you like the layout....
Now, if you just happened upon my blog, then please go back to the beginning which is at Lynda’s blog (http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com/). Besides, the beginning is always the best anyway!!!

*******************************************************************************
 My Mom, Laura, passed away on April 27th, 8 years ago. This Mother's Day hop was a perfect opportunity for me to remember the special  times with such an amazing woman. Now that my sons are grown and married, I have 3 Grand daughters that I only wish I could share my Mom with. I hope you take a moment to double click on the journaling so you can better understand the layout. At the time this was taken, she was in a  nursing home suffering with Alzheimer's. We were lucky enough to visit with her and take her for an outing to her favorite spot.



 

I personally will be offering some blog candy to those that leave me a comment about their Mom and as well become a follower...I'm trying to push those numbers up!

Blog candy from Memories in Tyme…One lucky winner for May will receive a goodie pack for scrapbooking - in order to get in on the drawing, make sure to:
1. Be a follower of my blog!
2. For extra entries...follow me on Twitter and Facebook Fanpage - information is on my blog! 3. Please check out everyone's blogs and leave a comment on theirs...the more you do the more entries you will get!
Thank you for checking out my project, now follow the links below and remember to visit all the stops for MAXIMUM ideas and LOTS OF FUN!!! Next up on the hop is   RACHEL   , make sure you check out her fun project!!! 


9 comments:

  1. beautiful story you have. I personally didn't have a mom. mine left us when we were small... I had an awesome foster mother at one point who made me feel loved and important. Even thought she was no longer a mother figure we kept in touch on/off as I grew up and even received a sad phone call from her daughter that she passed on... a few yeas ago.
    parkernana5@cox.net http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout with your Mom. Its very hard to lose someone so special. I still have mine but she has terminal cancer so everyday I wake up I thank God that she is still here fighting. Happy Mothers Day to you and I hope beautiful memories like the one you shared with us brings you contentment and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is just precious!! That smile on her face is awesome :) So glad you have those memories!!!

    My mom passed away 23 years ago when I was 20. I wish she were here to meet her grandkids, but I feel her with me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BBeautiful lo! I'm so sorry that your mother has since passed, but your lo is an awesome tribute to her. It is the small things that really make all the difference in the world isn't it?! Thanks for sharing this wonderful part of your mother with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a lovely layout. My mom passed away when I was sixteen, but my dad passed away this February. I am having a hard time dealing with the idea that there is no longer a "home" that I can go to. I am not just morning the loss of my dad, but also the loss of that "safe place" that feeling that wherever he was, that was home.
    Hugs,
    Chriss
    america57@comcast.net
    http://chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Your momma was so pretty! Love her white hair. I am cherishing the time with my mom now since Daddy past on ..I'm sorry your mom is no longer with you physically but I am sure she is there in spirit..

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire this is a lovely project and love that it is honor of your mom. I lost my best friend and mom three years ago. Miss her so much especially now that I am a grandma. Love the frame and title. So great to have such a wonderful picture and memories with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to remember her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful tribute to your mommy! My mom means the the world to me, too and your layout is a reminder that I need to scrap more pictures of my mom and also get pics of the both of us together instead of always being behind the camera.
    Oh, and thank you so much for visiting my blog! I am happy to be a new follower of your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!