Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolutions Hop 2012

New Years Hop
Welcome to the "New Year's Resolutions" Blog Hop!!
We're so happy you could join us for this super-fun hop showcasing cards, layouts and projects that feature our New Year's Hopes, Dreams, and Commitments!!  You'll  find an array of ideas throughout the hop -- From decorations to gift ideas and more, we hope you'll enjoy each and every project along the  way!! 


We can guarantee LOTS of inspiration for this event... So let's get hopping!!  If you've hopped over from LYNDA, then you are in the right place!!  If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email and you'd like to join our FUN, then please CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Lynda's blog...

Happy New Year!!!!!
I decided to create a 2 page lay out that was very unlike anything I have ever done....it was about ME
A part of my New Years Resolution is to create in 2012, pages that reflect my life so that my Grandchildren can have a better picture of who and what I am. I am always doing pages about them and even though I love doing that, it's time to document ME!
I hope you take a minute to read the journal page I wrote and folded on the l/o so you can understand why I did this page.
 I kept a photo of the larger print to make it easier on your eyes.
Thanks for stopping by, wishing you all the very best both personally and creatively!!!!
Oh, by the way, I'm giving away some blog candy (NO, not new shoes) but a gift card for "Crafty Steals" to buy some fun stuff for the New Year!!!!!
 Please,  follow my blog & leave a comment about your love/hate relationship with YOUR shoes!

You'll notice the journaling was neatly tucked  and folded on the page but please take a moment to read it below. I used DCWV "The Lace & Linen Stack" which I just love!! The shoes and words were highlighted with glaze and gems.


My favorite part on the HEAL page is the way I made the letter "A" out of  band-aids ! The Heel words were cut from the "Storybook" cartridge and the black shiny heels were from the "Wall Decor & More" cartridge. The frames were from the  Elegant Edges cartridge.
Now for the fun "blog candy" from our hostess "LYNDA"......-  leave a comment about what your "resolutions or intentions" are to be eligible, as well as leave a comment on all the blog participants' blogs!!! One lucky winner will receive a $25 gift card to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or online shopping place of their choice to be drawn at the end of January!!! 
What are you waiting for????? Hop over to Vicki's blog (links list is  below )  and see her great project  for 2012!!!!!

15 comments:

  1. What a awesome two page layout and boy do I feel your pain! I have not worn heels in years and still have trouble walking, so my new years res. this year is to use my trendmill for at least 15 minutes a day. Maybe if I lose a few pounds it will be easier to walk. Happy New Years to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and super cute layouts and love your Resolution! Your grandchildren will appreciate and treasure those memories of you!!! Cheers!!
    Hugs,
    NOrma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love that you are creating layouts about yourself!! It is so hard for us to do that isn't it? I love the bandaids under the letter "A" too!

    What fabulous shoes on the first page!! I was always too clumsy to wear heels that high and my feet thank me for it now.

    My resolutions for 2012 are to Live life more fully, Laugh every day, and Love more openly. Part of the Live part is to sneak in exercise, which goes back to ugly shoes somehow!!!!

    Have a great 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really can relate to your layout! As this past year I experienced something similar! I too no longer wear any type of shoe with a rise to them and though I miss my shoes I certainly feel better in my flats! My goals this year are dealing with health, faith, and harmony. Thanks for sharing your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layouts! When I wore "high heels" they were 6 " platform shoes! lol Not so hard on the feet..Have to say I have one style of shoes that I wear ALL the time. It is a white leather zip up deck shoe that I leave unzipped..:) I have 7 pair of them in my closet as I type..I do have a pair of "roach killer" shoes for dress but I never go any where..I think it is great that you are thinking of yourself and I wish you much success. I too am trying to integrate myself into my grandsons albums because I want them to know who really loved them.

    My resolution is posted on my blog in this hop..

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Glad I gave up my heels long ago, of course all the sprained ankles I had in my younger years added to the need to not wear them by the time i was in my early 30's. The only resolution i have made for this year is to blog at least once a month on my blog and post more of my creations.
    Debbie
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
    debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god, I totally love your layout. My foot is currently in a boot and I am totally going to scraplift this (I hope you don't mind). I never thought to scrap a page about it. I am a new follower of your blog, looking forward to more of your creations. Happy New Year!

    scrappindhilly at gmail dot com
    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea to use band-aids for the letter A. Sorry about your sore feet, but now I'm glad I never liked high heels.

    Vicki
    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your LO's . how clever. i to have feet problems and ugly shoes . my doctor made me get some because i have diabetes and although it hasnt it can mess your feet up. my NYR is to be healthy.

    craftingwithblue@ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2012 is going to be a year for me to spend more time doing for me and my hubby. All of our kids have moved out and we are learning to spent time for us.

    pattispaperfun.blogspot.com
    lebpab21408atyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire thanks so much for coming by my blog and joining my challenge Love your layout and New Year's resolution! Good luck with it! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your layout and your resolution! The frames around your "healing" shoes are perfect too! Thank you for entering our "Old/New" challenge at Jellypark Friends! Hope to see you again soon!
    ~Hugs~
    Georgia
    JPF DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about your feet issues - but you have a good perspective on it! :) Love your project! Thanks for joining us at Jellypark Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry about your feet issues! But your layout is absolutely fabulous!! You did a great job with it!! I love the band-aids for the A...so creative!! I hope you had a very happy holiday season and that your 2012 is filled with much love and happiness!!

    Happy New Year,
    Lisa :)
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!