Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's All About The 70's Blog Hop

70's Hop

Welcome to the "All About the 70's" Blog Hop!!
We're so happy you could join us for this super-fun hop showcasing cards, layouts and projects that feature anything and everything related to the 70's!!   So pull out your bell-bottoms and peace signs, and join us for the FUN...  You'll find an array of ideas throughout this hop -- From decorations to gift ideas and more, we hope you'll enjoy each and every GROOVY project along the way!!  This is a TWO-DAY hop, so be sure to check it all out (besides, we have a FAR OUT prize for a random someone who visits and comments on each stop for each day!!)...
We can guarantee some psychedelic excitement for this event... So let's get hopping!!  If you've hopped over from  Rhonda , then you are in the right place!!  If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email and you'd like to join our FUN, then please CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Lynda's blog...

For the hop today, I've created .......
          70'S DISCO MAMA

This is my MOST favorite part of the card.....the GLITTER BALL!! I just used a very large bead from an old necklace and covered it with rhinestones and it spins. I used a hot glue gun to affix the crystals and filled in the blank areas with Stickles glitter. I must thank "The Rubber Cafe" for their product which is a wood stick and a small square of black something or other that makes putting on any kind of gem a breeze. NO burnt fingers!
I'm bummed out that the gorgeous silver glitter paper is not showing up bright & shiny!!
Here's a close up ,so you can read my journaling.
                                                            Side view of the card
                              Top view of the card so you can see the angles. I used the Ultimate Crafter's Box Folders to make the card design.....LOVE it!

I hope you enjoyed my Disco Mama card and if so, I think it's sooooo COOL to leave me a comment, be a GROOVY  follower and DIG winning some blog candy!
Thank you again for checking out my project...  Now, follow the links below onto Rhonda Helm's blog  and remember to visit all the stops for MAXIMUM ideas and LOTS OF FUN!!  Can ya dig it???
70'S HOP DAY ONE (January 15):

















15 comments:

  1. very pretty. so funky. love the dangling ball..


    craftingwithblue @gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is just amazing. I love the disco ball it is such an awesome touch to it.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! Love the disco ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so cool, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Card. Love the music and also had my first child in 76. TFS and being a disco mamma too!!!
    Debbie
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, What an Amazing Card! It's something your Family can always cherish. Love It! Disco was so Fun! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
    cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. really really neat loving the disco ball.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Love the disco ball. Sure brought back Sat. Night Live to me. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is awesome. I love that disco ball. The colors you used on it were perfect. Nice memory piece.

    I'm a new follower of your groovy blog.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOve it!!! I have to tell you I am hopping along with my son and he is boogieing away to the music lol. He says "mommy hers is the bestest by far for sure, tell her that" hehehe. Thanks for the hop and a good memory with my boy.
    Theresa
    scrappinginheels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fabby project and the glitter ball is amazing - well done

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire, this card is absolutely FABULOUS (more than GROOVY!!)... I love how you made the disco ball!! I'm sure your sons are as proud to have you as their Disco Mom as you are to have them (and their families)!! :)

    You are soooooo GROOVY!!

    Thanks for being a part of the hop...
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's incredible! Love the disco ball!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card Awesome that Disco ball is so very "cool". Thanks for a great inspirational project!
    Big Blog Hugs! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my what a cute idea! Love the colors and all that goo with even the music playing. It was a great decade to grow up in I was a teen then.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!