Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 1st. Cancer Awareness Blog Hop

This banner was a huge under taking and was created as an entry to Cricut's /HSN banner contest for their Sept. 26th launch of the new E2. I was terribly disappointed that it wasn't chosen as one of the winners since Provo Craft supports Breast Cancer & with Oct. just a few days away, I thought this might help get the message across to support this wonderful cause.
The banner was created with the Pink Journey cartridge (got it when I bought by Expression in Oct.). The card stock, from a "Me & My Big Ideas Pad"   is beautiful and was multi- layered with paper in  Pink ribbons/glitter,stripes etc. I also used the  Sophisticated Cartridge, page 65) with shadow to create the layered frames. The runner was created from "Pink Journey Cartridge" and her clothes were custom fit (tedious job)!
The tuille  pink rose ribbons were from Making Memories purchased @ Scrapbuck.com
 I hope you like the banner  and  please leave a comment telling me how Cancer has unfortunately touched your life or someone you know.
I would like to give a HUGE thanks to  Andrea for helping  Bearnise Rendon with this hop  @
  for hosting this worthwhile cause/hop. Please stop by ALL our other talented DT posts.



Claire: http://scrapmyway.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE
THANKS FOR STOPPING, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ( I LOVE THEM)! 


14 comments:

  1. Fabulous job and your blog is great! Thanks for sharing, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous banner! I'm sorry that it wasn't selected, but I'm sure it's very much appreciated by anyone who sees it. Thank you for sharing it-Raquel @ Raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister is a breast cancer survivor! Sorry your banner wasn't chosen but it is very pretty and your effort does not go unnoticed! Thank you for sharing it!

    ~Vanessa W
    baboo7192 @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome banner.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty banner. I have a SIL that passed away a year ago from breast cancer, another that is in hopice and not expected to live thru the week end
    a very close friend also that was just diagnosed with cancer

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful banner
    http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your banner and can't beleve it wasn't chosen!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so inspiring ..TFS!!!!

    Cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful banner!My sister had breast cancer 15 yrs ago.My mother die of cancer 10 yrs ago.my father die of cancer 41 yrs ago.So Cancer has touch me alot..Great blog hop.joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your banner is very beautiful, I'm so sorry you didn't win with it.

    Many of my family members have already passed from cancer, I lost four family members last year two from lung cancer and two from pancreatic cancer and one is a one year survivor from breast cancer.

    Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving the very kind comments.
    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  11. So a sorry your card was not chosen ans your banner is just gorgeous! I love all the details you have included and the runners are just a perfect addition.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun comments so write away!!!